Saturday, August 7, 2010

"Our Daily Doings"

Let me just start by saying how amazed I am that we have only been here for six days. Its not just me feeling this way, any of us will say the same, that it feels like we've been together much longer! I came to this class right (like, same day right) after doing an internship in North Carolina, and when I was talking to one of the people I lived with there I realized it had just been 9 short days since I was there. I was so shocked!

As they say, time flies when you're having fun. So, since time is flying I must conclude that we are having fun! I know I am! And we're having fun learning, thats the best part! We've spent each day talking about different issues so far, and we've also gone on one field trip, but the really important part is that we also spend time putting the puzzle pieces together.

Today we took a trip to Oxford, and to Avebury. For me, visiting Avebury was the first time I have been in a place with so much visible human history. It is a site similar to Stonehenge (but less of a tourist trap) with an ancient stone circle monument, a 17th century church and many other historical artifacts.

Oxford was a very fun place to go, with lots to see and do. It is a beautiful city! We were able to find a couple of quieter streets to walk on, which was a nice break from the crowds of High Street, Cornmarket St, etc.

Tomorrow a group of us are going to see London, which will also be very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment